Updated on: 14 October 2020
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information about you when you use our platforms. This includes:
- Information you give us. We may collect information you give us such as your account information (like your name, postal address, email address and/or phone number), information you upload to our platform, or information you send us (like any questions you have).
- Information we collect automatically. We may automatically collect information about you when you use our platform (for example, the pages you click on, how and when you navigate around our platforms, and your IP address). If you use our website we may collect information about you through cookies (small text files stored on your device via your browser), which we anonymise so you can’t be identified. Most browsers also allow you to disable cookies (although this may limit your ability to use our website).
- Information we receive from third parties. We may collect your personal information from third parties, such as information about you that others give us with your permission.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Help you with our products or your account. For example, we may use your information to set up your account, to help you use our platforms or products, and to respond to any issues or questions you have.
- Help provide and improve the platforms and our products. This includes to help us to fix, plan, or maintain our network of Goodnature traps, to upgrade, optimise, personalise or improve our platforms, to understand our users, and to research and develop our products (including through our use of analytics and aggregated insights).
- Create and publish aggregated and anonymous insights about our products, platforms and users.
- Comply with law, protect our users and exercise our rights. This may include using your personal information to help us comply with applicable laws , to prevent fraud, security intrusions or misuse of our platforms, to protect our users, and to exercise and enforce our contractual or other legal rights.
- If you have opted in to receive promotional material or advertising, then we will send you promotional material or advertising. This may include telling you about any competitions, promotions or updates connected with our products or platforms, and for the purpose of sending you advertising. You can opt out of receiving promotional information at any time. If you wish to opt out, please click unsubscribe on the link on the footer of the promotional email.
Who can we share your information with?
Our company, Goodnature International Limited currently has an office in New Zealand with our web hosting based in Ottawa, Canada (Shopify). In order to process transactions made by you, your information may be shared by the company and third party warehouses, logistic providers and suppliers, or when required by law, which includes:
- GoDaddy - Domain hosting;
- Shopify - Website hosting;
- Shopify payments - Payment gateway;
- Paypal - Payment gateway; and
- A third party logistics and fulfilment company in Europe.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer or smartphone when you access a website. It allows the website to recognise your device and store a small amount of information about your preferences or past actions. There are four main types of cookies that we use:
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Cart” and “Save to Wishlist”.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping our products, these cookies will remember your preferences (for example, your location or language), so we can make your shopping experience as easy as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. Additionally, they limit the number of times that you see an advert and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can delete any cookies that are already on your computer, if you go to the “help” section in your browser there should be instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies on your device. More information about cookies visit allaboutcookies.org.
By deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected in regards to certain functions of our site.
How do we store and protect your information?
We care about the security of your personal information and will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe. In particular:
- Safeguards: We will use reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and from misuse, interference or loss.
- Limited use: Unless we need to keep your information to comply with laws, we will only hold your personal information for as long as we reasonably need it based on the purposes for which it was collected. If you close your account, we will delete your personal information from the Platform.
You have the following privacy information rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We reserve the right to charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
What other things are important?
There are some other things it’s important you understand:
What do the terms in this policy mean?
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual (as defined in the Privacy Act 1993), including you;
- “platform” means the Goodnature website;
- “product” means goods or services provided by Goodnature (including Goodnature traps and related goods and services);
- “you” and “your” refers to an individual who uses one of our platforms; and
- “we”, “us”, and “our” refers to Goodnature International Limited.
For information on how to make a data complaint in the EU please go to: What should I do if I think that my personal data protection rights haven’t been respected?